Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Don't Worry Be Happy!

Today I had a very special visitor at work that made my day.

I've been very fortunate to meet lots of really cool people in the course of my life. Just last week Jenn texted me that my favorite teacher from college was in dance magazine. A lot of the people that I graduated with have gone on to be in movies (austin powers and girl interrupted), tv shows (amazing race, law and order svu and fanta commercials), and even dance with madonna and jennifer lopez on their tours. I've had dinner with the 12 time world latin american champions. When I was younger, I stood beside Brooke Shields in a jazz class in NYC... (say it with me guys)... I hate that bitch... she kicked me! (if you don't know that story, you haven't known me long). I even got to teach one of the Phillies players how to salsa!

But my most favorite is getting to teach Bobby McFerrin and his wife dancing lessons. They are sooo much fun and truly a wonderful couple. I only get to see them in spurts because he travels a lot, but today he stopped by the studio to say hi and bring me a cookie. How cool is that!?!?

WOW... just what a girl needs to reverse all of the negativity that has been thrown my way these past couple of weeks. So thanks Bobby, not just for the chocolate chip sugar rush today, but for reminding me that's it's couples like you that make me love what I do.

No comments: